Friday, August 12, 2011

Does my case hold water?

I let a girl stay in my home after she turned 18. She put holes in my walls, ate 200 dollars a week in food (no exaggeration, I had to pay for it.) Her dog would pee on my floor so I had to buy the cleaning supplies. I bought her cat litter for her cats which she said she would pay back. We kicked her out after 30 days because she was not paying us for the rent and utilities and she was not taking care of her animals. My house smelled so bad. When she left me and my roommate cleaned the room she was staying in and there where stains on the floor from her cats and on the walls where the male had sprayed. I spent over a hundred dollars in cleaning supplies. We told her that she owed us $223 for the rent and $13 for the cat litter. because she was our friend we were going to let some of it go because of that. Now she is refusing to pay us what she owes us. Can I take her to small claims court and sue her for $400. For the cleaning and other expenses and since we kicked her out she has been slandering my name. Can I sue her and win? What do I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment